Affiliate links to most products provided below at no additional cost to you.
Good Morning! I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog today with some bunny inspiration in a rainbow of colors. This card is pretty simple it just involves a little bit of masking, some ink blending, and a very little coloring. Today I am using the Hippity Hoppity Bunnies stamp set, the Hippity Hoppity Sentiment set, and the new Hop into Easter patterned paper. from Kat Scrappiness All of these new releases shout spring-time.
So, now it’s time to make the card!
- Hippity Hoppity Bunnies Stamp Set
- Hippity Hoppity Sentiments
- Hop Into Easter Paper Pack 6″ x 8″
- Pearls in various colors – TIP – If you don’t have a color you need use the white pearls and color with a coordinating alcohol marker
- Peacock Background Die
- Distress Oxide Inks for Blending
- Alcohol Markers
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Paper Trimmer
- Stamp Platform
- Scoring Tool
- Masking Paper
- Cut, score and fold a landscape A2 card from 110lb Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Cut an A2 card panel 4.25″ x 5.5″ in the white card stock
- Using the Peacock Background die EMBOSS the white card panel with your die-cutting machine, according to your machines instructions.
- Adhere this panel to your white card base. I used doubleisided adhesive.
- Cut a strip of the patterned to 3.5″ by 5.5″
- Cut another piece of card stock to 2.5″ x 5.5″. We will use this for stamping the bunnies.
- Stamp your bunnies 5 times on masking paper and cut out. You can fussy cut them or use an electronic cutting machine.
- Stamp your first bunny in the center of the small, white panel. I used my Misti stamping platform.
- Mask this bunny, then line up your next image and stamp. Mask this bunny. Continue to do this until you have 5 bunnies stamped and masked. Then add two strips of masking paper (5.5″) to the top of the bunnies and the bottom of the row of bunnies. I left a bit of the ear and egg poking out.
- Using Distress Oxide Inks ink-blend a rainbow stripe across all the bunnies. I used a rainbow order but choose any coordinating colors you have.
- Next, color the stripes on the eggs and the flower. I used a coordinating alcohol marker for each ink color.
- Again, using your stamping platform, stamp your sentiment.
- To assemble the card, I added foam tape to the back of the patterned paper and added it to the die-cut background.
- The bunny panel was adhered with strong liquid glue.
- Finally, I added my pearls. As you can see they coordinate with the color of the bunnies. I didn’t have an orange pearl so I used an alcohol marker to color the white pearls listed below.
- Adhere your pearls to the center of the flowers.
The masking is really the hardest part of this card and I am sure you can do it! I would love to see your Easter/Spring-Time creations. As always thanks for stopping by. Please make sure to check out the Kat Scrappiness shop for this new release. These bunnies will be a permanent stamp set in my stash.