Affiliate links to most products provided below at no additional cost to you.
Good Morning! I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog today with some bunny inspiration in a rainbow of colors. This card is pretty simple it just involves a little bit of masking, some ink blending, and a very little coloring. Today I am using the Hippity Hoppity Bunnies stamp set, the Hippity Hoppity Sentiment set, and the new Hop into Easter patterned paper. from Kat Scrappiness All of these new releases shout spring-time.
So, now it’s time to make the card!
- Hippity Hoppity Bunnies Stamp Set
- Hippity Hoppity Sentiments
- Hop Into Easter Paper Pack 6″ x 8″
- Pearls in various colors – TIP – If you don’t have a color you need use the white pearls and color with a coordinating alcohol marker
- Peacock Background Die
- Distress Oxide Inks for Blending
- Alcohol Markers
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Paper Trimmer
- Stamp Platform
- Scoring Tool
- Masking Paper
- Cut, score and fold a landscape A2 card from 110lb Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Cut an A2 card panel 4.25″ x 5.5″ in the white card stock
- Using the Peacock Background die EMBOSS the white card panel with your die-cutting machine, according to your machines instructions.
- Adhere this panel to your white card base. I used doubleisided adhesive.
- Cut a strip of the patterned to 3.5″ by 5.5″
- Cut another piece of card stock to 2.5″ x 5.5″. We will use this for stamping the bunnies.
- Stamp your bunnies 5 times on masking paper and cut out. You can fussy cut them or use an electronic cutting machine.
- Stamp your first bunny in the center of the small, white panel. I used my Misti stamping platform.
- Mask this bunny, then line up your next image and stamp. Mask this bunny. Continue to do this until you have 5 bunnies stamped and masked. Then add two strips of masking paper (5.5″) to the top of the bunnies and the bottom of the row of bunnies. I left a bit of the ear and egg poking out.
- Using Distress Oxide Inks ink-blend a rainbow stripe across all the bunnies. I used a rainbow order but choose any coordinating colors you have.
- Next, color the stripes on the eggs and the flower. I used a coordinating alcohol marker for each ink color.
- Again, using your stamping platform, stamp your sentiment.
- To assemble the card, I added foam tape to the back of the patterned paper and added it to the die-cut background.
- The bunny panel was adhered with strong liquid glue.
- Finally, I added my pearls. As you can see they coordinate with the color of the bunnies. I didn’t have an orange pearl so I used an alcohol marker to color the white pearls listed below.
- Adhere your pearls to the center of the flowers.
The masking is really the hardest part of this card and I am sure you can do it! I would love to see your Easter/Spring-Time creations. As always thanks for stopping by. Please make sure to check out the Kat Scrappiness shop for this new release. These bunnies will be a permanent stamp set in my stash.
2 thoughts on “A Rainbow of Bunnies”
Hopping cuteness with colors, stamping & more. Would like to know what embossing folder was used on white base?
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it. Are you asking about the Stitched Cloud background? If so the link for this is at the end of the post. If this isn’t the background you are asking about let me know.