Hope you are having a great weekend my crafty friends! I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Blog today with a FUN Halloween Card featuring the NEW Creepy & Kooky 6×6 pad from Kat Scrappiness and the Creepy Crawly Dies with some cute (yes…these are cute!). The spider web on this card is inlaid and it’s easy to do!
Steps to create the card
- Cut, score, and fold an A2 top folding, horizontal card base.
- Cut another panel from the Creepy Kooky paper pad measuring 3.75″ x 5″
- Using one of the web dies, place it on patterned paper and die-cut. Keep all the little bits from inside the spider web.
- Cut another web from black card stock.
- Cover a piece of thinner white card stock (slightly smaller than 3.75″ x 5″) with a sheet of double-sided adhesive. Remove the backer sheet and carefully add your patterned paper on top.
- Now I’ll inlay all those little web pieces. Alternatively, you can just glue the black web on top of the patterned paper.
- Die-cut BOO 1x from black card stock and one time from purple card stock. If you don’t have purple card stock, color a piece of white card stock with an alcohol marker.
- Cover the purple letters with clear, sparkly embossing powder and heat.
- Slightly offset the purple letter onto the black and adhere with liquid glue.
- Die-cut your spider, cover with clear embossing powder, and heat.
- Put a small piece of tape behind his eye holes, and add a bit of glue, and your googly eyes.
- I used Distress Oxide Black Soot and blended it around the card panel. I think this adds a bit of depth. I also glued a few pairs of googly eyes around the card because…why not?? I also added a few enamel dots to the centers of a few webs.
- I cut a piece of orange card stock 1/8″ larger and adhered it behind the main panel with double-sided tape. Finally, I added the panel to the card base with more double-sided tape.
I hope this inspires you to make some Halloween cards with this adorable paper pad and these dies. Here’s a list of the products used in this project. These affiliate links are provided at no additional cost to you. I thank you for your support when using these links! Have a fabulous crafty day. Now head on over to the Kat Scrappiness Blog for loads of inspiration!