(Affiliate links for most products are provided below at No additional cost to you)
Good Morning! Today I am participating in the Discovery Hop on Instagram this is a hop that encourages you to use what you already have in your stash. Every month a theme is chosen this month’s theme is BEES.
- Beautiful Bees Stamps
- Beautiful Bees Dies
- Hexagon Hive Cover Plate (no longer available-similar item listed below)
- Stitched Hexagon Die
- Natural Granite Textured Stamp
- Maker’s Movement Cloudy Day Paper Pack
- Raven Hybrid Ink
- Delicata Golden Glitz Pigment Ink
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper trimmer
- Bearly Arts Precision Glue
- Alcohol markers
- Cut a top-folding A2 card base.
- Cut a piece of of grey card stock 1/8” smaller.
- Use the Natural Granite stamp with the Delicata ink and stamp on a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of white card stock.
- Cut this panel with a hexagon cover plate.
- Select a few different pieces of the patterned paper and die-cut with the same die.
- Using the die-cut pieces, lay out a hexagon pattern you are happy with. I used the Golden Glitz ink to color the plain white hexagons. I adhered some of the other pieces for dimension. Glue these and all of the others in place.
- Stamp the sentiment on to a die-cut hexagon with Raven Hybrid Ink, add clear embossing powder and heat emboss. Use the Natural Granite stamp and the gold ink and stamp over the die-cut hexagon.
- Stamp the bees with Raven Hybrid Ink, add clear embossing powder and heat emboss. Die-cut the bees. color the bee bodies with alcohol markers.
- Glue the inlaid hexagon panel to the grey card stock. Using double sided adhesive tape attach to card base.
- Add foam tape to the back of the sentiment and adhere to the card. Add a piece of foam to the end of the bees and a bit of glue to the top and attach.
- Add a few gems and the card is finished.
Thank you for stopping and I hope to see your creations! Check out the entire hop over on Instagram I would love for you to follow me on social media from the icons at the top and subscribe to my blog below. Have a fabulous day and keep crafting!