(affiliate links for most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! Today is Day 3 of 4 being the Guest Designer for Your Next Stamp. I am incredibly thankful for this opportunity. It has been amazing working with the people at YNS and using these products. There will be one more card tomorrow! Today’s card features the Birthday Chickies & Coordinating Dies because I just couldn’t get enough of them yesterday!
All supplies will be at the bottom of the post and I encourage you to visit Your Next Stamp and see their beautiful products. But now it is time to make a card!
- Birthday Chickies Stamp Set
- Birthday Chickies Coordinating DIe
- YNS Gumdrops
- Sunburst die or stencil. I used a background die and did the ink blending on a panel underneath.
- Circle die
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Alcohol Markers or colored pencils
- Versafine Nocturne Pigment Ink
- Distress Oxides
- Foam Tape
- Paper Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Die-Cut Machine
- Stamp your Birthday Chickie images in black pigment ink that is safe for alcohol markers. At the same time you can stamp your small sentiment.
- Color the chickies using your preferred medium. I used alcohol markers.
- Die-cut your colored images and trim your sentiment. Mine is about 1/2″. I also cut a strip 1/8″ longer and wider to add to the back of the sentiment. I colored this strip with an alcohol marker that matcched the chickies.
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base from white card stock. Set aside.
- Cut a panel at 4.25″ x 5.5″ from white card stock. I used a sunray die background but plain white card stock and any sunburst stencil will work as well.
- If you are using a die background you will cut your die according to your machines instructions. Set this aside. My background die had a heart in the middle so I die-cut a 2 inch circle to place over the heart. I used Distress Oxide to ink the circle.
- If you are using a die background you will need an additional piece of white card to ink blend a sun. Ink blend this right in the center of the card stock.
- If you are stenciling, place your stencil over the 4.25″ x 5.5″ white card stock and ink blend in orange and yellow Distress Oxides.
- Figure out where you want all your pieces on your strip panel.
- For the hills I also had dies but just cut two hill shapes from card stock or use two different shade of green card stock. I colored mine with 2 different green alcohol markers.
- Glue the die background to your ink blended background.
- Glue on your sun.
- Glue on your hills, one behind the other and trim to fit the base.
- I added the sentiment with foam tape.
- I added one chickie with glue directly to the hills. Another chickie was added with doubled up foam tape and the last chickie on the left is on a wobble.
- The entire panel is glued to the base.
- I added some YNS clear and sparkly gumdrops.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all of your support. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram at @expressivepaper for more inspiration. I will have a new card using Your Next Stamp products for another day so please come and see me tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed this post!