(Affiliate links to most products provided below at no additional cost to you.)
Good Afternoon! How is your day going? Have you had the chance to play and get inky today? Well, I have and man did I have fun. The new Stamping Foam from Simon Hurley is FUNomenal. The new foam is the size of an A2 and has a heart cut out in the middle that can be removed. So many possibilities! Today I wondered, “Can I use Embossing Ink on the foam?” The answer is YES and boy the results are better than I expected. The card is perfect for Valentine’s Day and easy to make. So, let’s get started.
- Stamping Foam by Simon Hurley
- Playful Petals rubber stamp by Simon Hurley
- Acrylic block
- Blue painters tape
- Distress Inks
- LDRS Creative stamp set You Color My World
- Kat Scrappiness Jasper Stone Pearls
- LDRS Creative Blending Brushes
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Grey Card Stock
- Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
- Masking Sheets by Gina K Designs
- Connect Glue by Gina K Designs
- Silver Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Embossing Ink
- Paper trimmer
- Heat Tool for Embossing
- Cut, fold and score a landscape oriented A2 card panel. The panel will measure 5.5″ wide and 4.25″ in height.
- Now , remove the heart from the foam. Attach it to an acrylic block with blue painters tape. It should be a lower tack tape but I used a purple tape and the adhesive was too strong and damaged the back of one of my foams. There are two in a pack so no worries!
- Heat up your stamping foam with your heat tool. You need to heat it up for approximately 30 seconds. Now, quickly, press your foam into the Playful Petals stamp.
- Now take your VersaMark Ink and ink up the heart. Do this a couple of times. It is kind of hard to see the Versamark Ink but trust me, it’s there.
- Next, stamp on to an A2 white panel. You choose the location. I did it off center and then later used Gina K’s Master Layout dies to cut the panel down. Sprinkle with a silver embossing powder and heat it up.
- It’s time to mask up and ink blend. I traced the inside of the foam on to a sheet of Gina K Masking paper. I then cut out the heart. I also cut a few strips of the masking sheet to mask off where my rainbow ink blend would be.
- Ink blend away. I used rainbow colors from Distress Oxide, but you do you (like Tim Holtz says!) Use whatever colors you want.
- It’s time to stamp the sentiment. I chose the I’m Over the Rainbow for You from the LDRS Creative You Color My World Stamp Set.
- I stamped it multiple times with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and with my Misti.
- Remove the masking tape. Add a piece of dark grey cardstock behind the panel. My panel is an 1/8″ larger on all sides. The dark border makes the colors POP!
- Now throw some bling on there. I used the Jasper Stone Pearls…..I’m in love with them.
- Apply adhesive foam to the back of the panel with some Connect Glue and center it on the white card base. All DONE!
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoy you visiting my blog. I would love for you to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper