(Affiliate links for most products are provided below at no additional cost to you)
Hi all! Hope you are all surviving the summer heat. While it may be too hot for soup these new dies from The Maker’s Movement are sure to brighten up any patient’s day. Today’s card features the Get-Well Soup die set and the “bless you” sentiment from the Tissue Box set.
- All Symmetry Stencil 6 x 6
- Get Well Soup Dies
- Tissue Box Dies
- Distress Oxide Pumice Stone
- Sizzix Opulent Silver Card Stock
- Foam Tape
- Gina K Connect Glue
- Wow Clear Embossing Powder
- Embossing Tool
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Die Cutting Machine
- Tim Holtz Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Alcohol Markers
- Cut, score, and fold a white, top-folding A2 card base.
- Cut a white card panel to 3.75″ x 5″.
- Cut another white panel an 1/8″ larger.
- From a scrap piece of white card stock die-cut the spoon from a different silver card stock and the spoon center from white card stock. Also, cut the little hearts. We will use them as embellishments.
- Color the spoon heart with one of the colors your plan to use on your soup.
- Center the soup die inside the bowl with handles and tape together.
- Cut your soup bowl die 1 in the Sizzix Silver Opulent paper and 2x from white card stock.
- Take 1 of the soup die-cuts and remove the letters (but save).
- Color the soup die. I used red for tomato soup but you could use yellows for chicken soup! Color the centers of the Os too!
- Cover the soup die and letter centers with embossing ink and emboss with clear powder
- I colored my letters yellow to resemble pasta letters. I did not emboss these.
- Adhere a solid circle to the back of the soup. Add glue to the letter openings and add your letters. Then add the center Os.
- Glue the bowl frames together.
- With your smallest white panel, center the All Symmetry Stencil and stencil with your Distress Oxide color.
- With the larger panel and one of the red alcohol markers, color the edges of the panel. TIP- this saves you from using your valuable colored card stock and will coordinate perfectly with your soup!
- Adhere the stenciled panel to the border panel.
- Glue down the bowl frame. Add the soup in the center with a strong liquid glue.
- The spoon was added with foam tape.
- The little hearts were colored and glued down.
- The Bless You sentiment was die-cut from a white card and colored with the same yellow marker.
- I found a banner in my stash and die-cut it. Then I colored with a red marker. I embossed it with clear powder.
- Using the outer portion of the BLESS YOU die, center it on the banner strip, tape it down then glue your letters down. This helps to perfectly align those small letters.
- Add foam tape to the back of the whole panel and add to the card base.
I hope you enjoy this card. It was a ton of fun to make, and it will be more fun to send out to cheer someone up. Thank you for stopping by. I would love it if you subscribed to my blog below and followed me from the social media icons at the top. I can’t wait to see all of your creations! Please make sure to stop by The Maker’s Movement store to see all their products. They have some gorgeous stamps and dies and fabulous die-cutting supplies. Thank you!