(Affiliate links for all products listed below are provided at nO additional cost to you)
Today on the LDRS Creative Inspiration page the design team will share some holiday inspiration. You can check them out here. I love the new cover plates and the Modern Geometric is so versatile. So today I am sharing a holiday card featuring two of these plates. So let’s make a card!
- I stamped the Peace & Joy floral stamp in Raven Hybrid Ink and embossed with clear powder.
- I then watercolored the image with hybrid inks (Scarlet Rose, Prickly Pear, and Olive Branch).
- I fussy cut both of the floral images out but there are coordinating dies.
- Next, I die cut two of the cover plates, Modern Geometric Cover Plate I & Modern Geometric Cover Plate II. I chose a cranberry colored card stock.
- I glued these two pieces together and then adhered this to a top folding A2 card base.
- Next I used the circle die from the Diagonal Stitched Postage Frames Slimline. This die set has amazing pieces in it.
- On a piece of white card stock I stamped the sentiment Joyeux Nöel from the Peace & Joy Pirouette stamp set in Scarlet Rose and embossed with clear powder.
- I cut a second circle from a die I had in my stash from gold card stock. I mounted the sentiment circle on top of this.
- I trimmed a bit of each floral water color down about 1/4”
- The floral panels were glued inside of the cover plate frame and then the sentiment circle was added with some foam tape.
- I added a few gold pearls and the card is finished!
I hope you enjoyed this card. I love hearing from all of you so please leave a comment. I would appreciate you subscribing to my blog and following me @expressivepaper on Instagram and Facebook.
As always I appreciate everyone of you!