(affiliTE LINKS FOR MOST PRODUCTS PROVIDED BELOW AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU)
Good Morning! Yesterday was my hubby’s birthday. So it is a perfect day to show you a beautiful birthday card using products from LDRS Creative’s new February release. This is an amazing release with some gorgeous cover plate dies. Check out the LDRS Creative Inspiration page for a ton of ideas.
I am a pushover for cover plate dies. The new Pretty Things Cover Plates are amazing and there are three-layered plates available. They can be used alone or combined for fantastic results! They help to center your cards and can also be part of the focal point. Today I am doing an inlaid die-cut technique and I hope you enjoy my card!
- Pretty Things Cover Plate Die III
- One Fine Day Paper Pack 6 x 6
- Special Occasions Stamp Set
- Special Occasions Coordinating Die Set
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Gina K Connect Glue
- Foam Tape
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Kat Scrappiness Silver Confetti
- Tropical Sea Hybrid Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
I just love the dimension you get from inlaid die-cutting and this card makes me happy. The inlaid die-cut technique is easy and it is relaxing for me. It is like putting a puzzle together but you know where all the pieces go! So let’s make a card.
- Cut, score and fold a top folding A2 card base.
- Die-cut a white panel using the white card stock and the Pretty Things III cover plate die.
- Die-cut another panel with the same die from the One Fine Day 6 x 6 Paper Pack.
- Remove all the pieces and set aside the colored cut panel for another project.
- Cut a 4.25″ x 5.5″ white solid panel. Adhere this to the back of the white card stock panel.
- Now you will inlay the colored pieces. I used the cut out pieces from the white panel and adhered the colored pieces on top. This adds more dimesnion but is a step that can be skipped.
- Next, you will stamp your sentiment. I used the Happy Birthday To You sentiment from the Special Occasion stamp set. I stamped it in Tropical Sea Hybrid Ink and clear embossed it.
- Die Cut your sentiment and the shadow using the coordinating Special Occasions Die set. I colored the shadow with the Tropical Sea Hybrid Ink pad.
- Add foam tape to the back of your sentiment.
- Position your sentiment to your liking and adhere down. I always add some liquid glue on top of the foam tape so I can wiggle the sentiment into place if needed.
- Use double-sided tape adhesive to adhere your inlaid panel to your card base.
- Add a few Kat Scrappiness Silver Round Confetti pieces and your card is done!
I really hope you enjoyed this inspiration. I encourage you to check out all of the new products from LDRS Creative. As always, I appreciate each and every one of you. Thanks for stopping by and I would love it if you subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper. Have a beautiful, craft-filled day full of card-making!