affiliate links for most products provided below at no additional cost to you
I am so excited to be part of the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge “Sweeties” Team. Do you need a cuppa to get going in the morning? Does coffee or tea give you a start to a good day? This week’s challenge is a theme challenge. The theme is Coffee/Tea Time. These challenges are a load of fun. Click on either picture below to participate. I would love to see your creations!
Here is my card for the challenge. It was created using the Keep Going stamps and coordinating dies from Pink Fresh Studios. Because coffee is necessary to keep going I added an exclusive die from Concord & 9th. However, you can use any coffee/tea stamp or die you have in your stash.
- Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Card Stock
- Ohulu Alcohol Markers
- Memory Box Glitter Paper-Festive Pack
- Pink Fresh Studio Keep Going Stamps and Dies
- Gina K Designs Master Layout 2
- Altenew Dainty Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
- Gansai Tambi Gold Watercolor
- Versafine Clair Ink-Nocturne
- Distress Oxide Black Soot
- Distress Oxide Vintage Photo
- Shimmer Glitter Pen
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Wow Clear Ultrafine Embossing Powder
- Kat Scrappiness Telescopic Embossing Powder Tool
- Use a paper trimmer to cut your white card stock to 4.25″ x 11″
- Use the teflon bone folder to create a top folding card. Score and fold at 5.5″.
- Gina K Design’s Master Layout 2 stitched rectangle was used for main card panel.
- Gina K Design’s Master Layout 2 plain rectangle was used to cut the Memory Box Glitter card stock.
- Splatter the stitched panel with any gold water color paint.
- Using your coffee cup die, cut your pieces. I cut 4 pieces of kraft and 1 white piece for lid and band.
- Use Distress Oxide Vintage Photo was used around edges of 1 kraft die cut. Adhere all pieces together.
- Distress Oxide Black Soot was used aroung lid and band.
- The Kat Scrappiness Telescoping Powder Tool was used on piece of card stock for the rainbow and Keep Going. Stamp your images using the Pink Fresh stamps. Use the Versafine Ink and then emboss with clear powder and a heat tool until set.
- I used the embossing folder on the coffee cup band for some dimension.
- Die cut your stamped Keep Going and 4 additional white pieces with the die. Die cut rainbow image with coordinating Pink Fresh dies.
- Use alcohol markers to color your rainbow and around the edge of your sentiment.
- Another sentiment was stamped “Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow” directly onto the gold splattered panel in Versafine Clair-Nocturne Ink.
- A shimmer pen was used on rainbow stripes.
- Glue your gold glitter panel onto white card base in the center.
- Glue rainbow directly to main card panel.
- Glue completed coffee cup under rainbow. Because you have 4 pieces adhered this adds nice dimension.
- Center the stamped Keep Going sentiment on the cup and adhere with liquid glue. Use the additional (unstamped) sentiments to add dimension to the edges of the sentiment. Use liquid glue and adhere only to the pieces extending OFF the coffee cup.
- Glue finished cup with Keep Going sentiment to gold splattered panel, under the rainbow..
- Add shimmer pen to rainbow.
- Add splattered panel to center of glitter panel with foam tape.
That’s it the card is complete. I am totally enjoying being a part of the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge design team and encourage you to stop by the challenge blog here.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. Please subscribe below and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.