(affiliate links to most products are provided below at no additional cost to you)
Today is New Release Day at LDRS Creative! As usual, they have some beautiful new products for all of us! Today’s card features the Orchid stamps and dies. It is such a beautiful set, especially if you love hummingbirds. I have combined this with an older die and stencil. I hope you enjoy the result!
- LDRS Creative Orchid Stamp Set
- LDRS Creative Orchid Die Set
- LDRS Creative Trellis Cover Plate Slim Line Die
- LDRS Creative Ocean Waves Stencil
- LDRS Creative 4 Pack Blender Brushes
- LDRS Creative Every Day Sayings Stamp Set
- LDRS Creative Every Day Word and Shadow Die Set
- LDRS Creative Pink Tutu Hybrid Ink
- LDRS Creative Raven Hybrid Ink
- Alcohol Markers
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Colored card stock
- Nuvo White Crystal Drops
- Cut, score, and fold an A2 top-folding card base from the Neenah Solar White card stock.
- Die-cut a panel of Neenah using the Trellis Slim Line die. We will not use the whole panel and that is the beauty of this die. It can be trimmed to fit any card base. Keep a few of the tiny squares as we will create our own embellishments.
- Cut a piece of coordinating, colored card stock to the same size as the Trellis die-cut and glue together. Trim the panel to 5″. This will leave about a 1/4″ top and bottom. Add foam to the back.
- Stamp, color, and die-cut your images. I used alcohol markers. Add foam to the back of the hummingbird. The orchid will be glued directly to the trellis panel later.
- Stamp and emboss your sentiment with gold embossing powder. Then use the coordinating die to cut, or you can fussy cut…but why? Add foam to the back.
- Mask the backside of your card base. Using the Ocean Waves stencil and a coordinating ink blend the front of your card base. I used Pink Tutu Hybrid ink and the LDRS Creative blender brushes.
- Now, to create your own embellishments…take the tiny squares you saved and stick about 15 of them to a piece of painter’s tape. Cover with Versamark Ink, cover with gold embossing powder, and heat. Once, cool and dry, glue them onto the trellis panel. It is a little detail but I am very happy with the result. What do you think?
- Now glue down your orchid. Add your hummingbird and sentiment.
- I added a few tiny drops of white Nuvo Crystal drops to the orchid center.
What do you think of these new stamps and dies? I think they are beautiful! Please head over to the LDRS Creative store to check out all of the new releases. I would appreciate you using my link as it provides a small commission to me and enables me to keep providing inspiration for you. Here is the link for the NEW RELEASE.
As always thanks for stopping by my blog today. I truly appreciate every one of you! I would love for you to subscribe to my blog below and use the social media icons on the top to follow me! Have a fabulous crafty day!