(Affil links provided at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! Kathy here as a guest designer for Varada Sharma. I am so thankful to have been asked to showcase these wonderful digital images. So let’s make a card!
- Print your chosen design. I used Silhouette Studio to layout my card and add the sentiment. It makes it easy to add multiple images.
- I then printed it on Neenah Solar White 80lb card stock.
- My finished card is 4.75” x 4.75”.
- Cut your card base at 4.75” x 9.5”
- Score and fold at 4.75”
- The main image panel is 4.5” x 4.5”
- The blue panel is 1/8” larger
- The black panel is 1/8” larger than the blue.
- Fussy cut or use your Brother Scan N Cut to cut out the image.
- Color your image. I used Prismacolor pencils after ink blending the background with Distress Oxide inks.
- I added all the snow with Dylusions White Acrylic spray using the ball point of a stylus.
- I added a bit of Black Glaze Pen from Sakura for buttons and eyes.
- I added some star sequins and iridescent gems to the globe.
- I did a tiny bit of Prismacolor shading on the base.
- I used a Gina K Designs stencil for the background with a very light grey in. This was done on the white panel.
- Add foam tape to back of snow globe and adhere to white panel.
- Glue this panel to blue card and then to black card.
- Add foam tape to back of black panel and adhere to card base.
That’s it card finished! I hope you are inspired by this holiday gem! Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.
As always thanks for stopping and make sure you check out all the goodies from Varada Sharma (links below).