Good morning my crafty peeps! Kathy here I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Blog today. Today I am showing you how to combine products from the new release. Today I am using four of the new release products and end up with a beautiful result. Please let me know what you think about the card in the comments below. Today’s card features the Snowflake Frame Backdrop die, the Reindeer Duo dies, the Birch Tree with Cardinals Background and the Gift Card Pocket die. So let’s make a card!
- Cut, score and fold an A2 side-folding card base from white card stock.
- Cut a panel, measuring 4.25” X 5.5” from a dark blue card stock.
- Using the Snowflake Frame Backdrop, die-cut using white, layering card stock. Glue this to the dark blue panel. Then glue the entire panel to the card base. I used Bearly Arts Glue which is available in the Kat Scrappiness store. I used the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Santa’s Helper stamp set and stamped in a coordinating blue ink.
- Now, using the Reindeer Duo dies, cut 4 of the large deer. Glue these together with liquid glue.
- From a piece of white card stock, die-cut the Gift Card Pocket die. I will use the stitched panel from this set for the BACK of the pocket.
- Using your favorite blending inks blend the background. I used Distress Oxide Faded Jeans. I ink-blended from the top down and used a heavier pressure on the top. Add double sided adhesive tape to the scored edges and adhere to the stitched Gift Card Pocket panel. I used a white gel pen to add snow to the background.
- Die-cut the Birch Tree with Cardinals Backdrop. I am using just a couple of the trees in my background. So you really don’t need to cut the whole panel. I added some shading to the left side of the trees and a few black lines on the tree with a fine tipped pen.
- Next I cut a simple hill from white card stock.
- Glue your trees to the ink-blended Gift Card.
- I used a blue grey alcohol marker to add some shadow under the legs of the deer.
- Next, glue the legs of the deer to the hill. Add foam tape to the back of the deer and hill and adhere to the card pocket.
- Finally I added some Sparkling Snow White Pearls around the card.
I love how the card turned out and I love the blue against the white. Please stop by the Kat Scrappiness Store to see all of the new releases. And don’t forget the Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sale currently going on. Click on the photo below for details. Thank you for stopping by!
You can also see my TOP FIVE Products Picks by clicking on this photo.