(Affiliate links to most products are provided below at no additional cost to you.)
Good Morning, I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog today with some more inspiration for you. Today we are going to do some paper piecing with the A2 Waterside Die and the Summer Essentials die set. The only ink you will need is a black pigment ink for the sentiment! These dies make it easy to create fun cards for the summer! So let’s make a card!
- Summer Fun Essentials Die Set
- A2 Waterside Die
- Summer Vibes 6 x 8 paper pack
- Every Day Brush Stroke Stamp set
- Aqua AB Transparent Jewel Mix
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Embossing Powder Tool
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Bone Folder
- Paper Trimmer
- Die-Cutting Machine
- Foam Tape
- Bearly Arts Precision Glue
- MISTI Stamping Platform
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base.
- Cut a white panel to 4.25″ x 5.5″ (you can use a lighter weight card stock for this.)
- Select some solid colors from the Summer Vibes paper pack.
- Die-cut 1 completely white panel with the A2 Waterside Die.
- Die-cut one completely turquoise panel for the frame and the water pieces.
- Cut the sky area from the yellow color paper.
- I cut the palm tree and the sun a few more times, from some white scraps as I will be layering them.
- Using the Summer Fun Essentials dies cut out your flip flops from colored card stock. I also ran my flip flops through my die-cutting machine with an embossing folder for a bit of texture.
- Glue your palm trees together and your suns together with Bearly Arts Precision glue or another liquid adhesive.
- I then inked the sun and palm tree with Versamark embossing ink and covered with clear embossing powder and heat embossed.
- Glue the flip flop pieces together.
- Now adhere all your puzzle pieces on top of the white 4.25″ x 5.5″ panel we cut earlier.
- Put the panel in your MISTI stamping platform and stamp your sentiment. I also heat embossed the sentiment with clear powder.
- Adhere your frame and your stacked palm tree and sun. Add foam tape to the back of the flip flops and adhere.
- Toss on a couple of the Aqua AB Jewels and the card is done.
You can create so many color combinations with these dies. You can even throw in some of the fabulous patterned paper. This is an easy card to create. Please stop by the Kat Scrappiness shop to purchase any of these products. I hope this card inspired you to pull out your colored card stock and do some paper piecing. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Check out all of the inspiration from our amazing Creative Crew HERE!