(affiliate products to most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! It’s a new release day at Kat Scrappiness and we have some CUTE products for you! Kat Scrappiness has released four new stencils and dozens of new shaped shaker kits. You can check out the new release HERE! There is also an Instagram Hop today, Saturday, April 23rd at Noon PST. I will have more inspiration there as well! My card today features the Cactus Shaker kit and Falling Star stencil. It was so easy to play with. So let’s get started!
- Falling Star Stencil
- Cactus Shaker Kit
- Reversed Scalloped Mini Slimline dies (there is a hello die in the set)
- Cactus Sprinkles
- Mini Ice Cube Sprinkles
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Bone Folder
- Various Distress Oxide inks (listed below)
- Bone Folder
- White Embossing Powder
- Embossing Powder Tool
- Heat Tool for embossing
- Glitter card stock
- Blending Brushes
- Die-cutting machine
- Liquid glue
- Paper Trimmer
- Cut, score, and fold a card base measuring 5.5 x 5.5″ from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White.
- Cut a card base to 5″ x 5″.
- Using your selected Distress Oxide inks ink blend your panel with the Kat Scrappiness ink blending brushes. I started at the top, then did the bottom. The middle colors were added and I blended between each color, going over it for a “fairly” smooth blend. Set aside and allow to dry.
- With a piece of scrap card stock, trace the cactus and cut it out, slightly inside the traced line. Ink blend this with your choice of green and yellow oxides. I have listed the colors I used below.
- Now cut off the cactus arms. These will be glued to the backside of the cactus shaker. The body of the cactus will be attached to the back of the foam cut-out for the cactus.
- Take the top piece of your shaker kit and rub green ink all over it. I then splattered it with some more greens and brown Distress Oxides. I also spritzed water on top. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Die-cut your hello die in white card stock. Cut the shadow in a glitter card stock. Glue these together.
- Now your main panel should be dry. Now, I splattered some white gouache and gold watercolor paint over the panel. It got messy…..allow to dry.
- So it is time to emboss the stencil. FIRST, your embossing powder tool is your friend, USE it.
- Lay your stencil over the panel and press Versamark embossing ink all over it. (TIP-doing the embossing AFTER ink blending will result in a much brighter white). I added two layers of watermark ink.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder all over the panel and heat emboss.
- Adhere your cactus arms to the cactus with liquid glue.
- Now remove the backer from the cactus foam and adhere to the traced, blended cactus body you created. Fill up the middle area with your sprinkles.
- Add the top cactus to the foam outline. (TIP-add liquid glue to the foam so you can wiggle your focal piece into place)
- Using a strong liquid glue adhere the cactus to your main, ink blended panel.
- Glue down your hello sentiment.
- Adhere the main panel to the card base. I used double-sided adhesive. Strong liquid glue will work as well.
- That’s it card done.
I hope you enjoy this card. If you have any questions please leave a comment below and I will get back to you! As always, I appreciate every one of you. It would be fabulous if you would subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. You will see my icons at the top of this post. Have a FABULOUS day.