(Affil links provided below at no additional cost to you. )
Good Morning! Kathy here from @expressivepaper. I hope you are nearly done with your Holiday cards. But if not there is an Instagram hop for you featuring Varada Sharma’s fabulous December release. I am so grateful to be a guest designer for Varada today. This release is so much fun with so many images for the holiday season and MORE!
- First, print your chosen design.
- I used 80lb Neenah Solar White card stock.
- I use my Silhouette Studio software to layout my card.
- After printing I scanned the tree images into my Brother Scan N Cut adding a slight border around the trees.
- Next I masked off where I wanted my rainbow stripe and ink blended this area.
- I cut this panel down to 4.75” x 3.5” using a stitched die.
- I cut a black card panel to 4.875” x 3.625”.
- Adhere these panels together.
- The card base is a 4.25” x 5.5” top folding card.
- Add foam to the back of main panel and adhere to base.
- Next, I used an alcohol marker to color the border around the tree
- I added some Stickles to the little lights but wasn’t happy with the results so once they were dry I went over the area with alcohol markers in rainbow order to match the stripe. I love this look and never thought about using markers on top. It works great.
- I glued down the outside trees and then popped the middle tree up with foam tape.
- I added a sentiment strip I had in my stash and the card is done.
- 80lb Neenah Solar White
- Brother Scan N Cut (you can easily fussy cut the images)
- Distress Oxide Inks
- Blending Brushes
- Alcohol Markers
I hope this card brightens your day! Thank you for stopping by and make sure you check out the Instagram Hop for tons of ideas! I would love for you to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper