Are you thankful it’s Friday? If so, why? Is it because now you are free to play with your card-making supplies?
Lately, I never seem to have enough thank you cards so today this is what I am creating for you. This stamp set was designed for Gina K Designs by Lisa Hetrick. It is a beautiful set that really is versatile.
To create the card I did the following (all products will be listed below):
Creating the card
- Use the Gina K Design’s new Master Layouts #8. I find these dies helpful as they are made for 5 x 7 cards. Normally I don’t go near this size of card but have made two in two days! The card base was cut from the larger rectangle die (without stitching)
- Next the card panel was partially embossed with a folder I have had in my stash for a long time. You want to leave enough room for whatever greeting you want at the top.
- Stamp and emboss the wire basket, two of the larger flowers, the small flower and three of the stems from GKD Forever Stamp set. I used Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink and clear embossing powder. The sentiment is stamped directly on the panel and embossed that as well.
- The GKD Forever dies to cut out the flowers and stems. I used my Brother Scan N Cut for the wire basket.
- Wire basket was then ink blended with Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Cracked Pistachio
- Flowers were colored with Prismacolor pencils
- I scored and folded a 5 x 7 card base.
- I arranged the basket, flowers and stems. They were glued down and the portion of the basket hanging off the edge was trimmed off. The middle flower was popped up with some foam tape to add dimension.
- The entire panel was then adhered with more foam tape.
- I added some Mocha Pearls from Kat Scrappiness for a little bling. These pearls are even prettier in person as they have both the orange and turquoise as well as some pink…love them!
I truly hope you enjoyed this card and wish that you have an amazing card making filled weekend. If you have ANY questions or comments please drop me a message below. As always, thank you for stopping by I appreciate each and every one of you!