Good morning! It is time for the Kat Scrappiness Halloween & Fall New Release. This release is packed full of products for all of your fall cards. There are also new items that can be used year-round! So let’s talk about some of the new items! and look at a few new cards!
This first card is basically a Z-fold card with a spinner element. The little turkey from the new Gobble Gobble Stamps and Dies is the star of the show. There are many videos out there to show you how to make spinner cards. Start with a piece of heavy card stock measuring 5.5″ x 8.5″. You will score this panel at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″. Then cut another panel from the Gobble Gobble Patterned Paper to 4.25″ x 5.5″. Score this at 2 1/8″. A window was cut out of both panels with the Nesting Stitched Hexagon dies. Keep the patterned hexagon for the inside.
Next, you will use the leaf stamp from the Gobble Gobble Stamp set and randomly stamp it all over the inside panel of the card base. I chose to color the leaves in with an alcohol maker. You will then stamp, color, and die-cut the little turkey and his sign sentiment. Some people do two of these but I chose a patterned paper for his back.
Using fishing string and liquid glue add a thin layer of glue in your z fold and lay down your string. Pull it taut and allow it to dry in place. After this is dry, attach the patterned paper on top, aligning the hexagon opening. Take the die-cut hexagon and glue to the inside of the card.
Finally, take the two turkey die-cuts, center them on your string, and glue them together. I also stamped Happy Thanksgiving on the inside of the card.
The card folds flat. When you go to mail the card make sure to twist the turkey a few times so that when the recipient pull out the card he will do a little spin!
My next card is kind of a “faux” shaker card. I like to think of it as a shaker card without the mess. Here is what you will need to create this card:
- A2 Top-folding card base
- 4.25″ x 5.5″ background panel. I cut mine using the Stitched Cloud Back Drop Die
- A piece of acetate (slightly smaller than 4.25″ x 5.5″)
- A frame for the front of the card. I cut mine using the new Nesting Deco Frames
- The rainbow element. I used the new Confetti Party Rainbow Dies. I cut some of the elements from white and some from silver, glitter card stock. I ink blended a piece of scrap card for the inside of the rainbow, glued it to copy paper then inlaid the white and silver pieces with glue. I cut a few strips from the leftover ink blended panel.
- Some confetti or sequins
- A sentiment-I used the new Sentiment Strips and DIes.
- Two card strips 5.5″ x 3/4″. These strips are scored at 1/4″ and again at 1/2″ and folded. These will be the hinges.
The Cloud backdrop is glued to the card base. The acetate is glued to the back of the Nesting Deco frame. Add the rainbow and sentiment to the top of the acetate. Figure out where you want your confetti. Glue some to the cloud panel and some to the acetate. Add the rainbow strips to the cloud background.
Add glue to the outside of your hinges, securing one side to the card base and the other to the front panel. There are many videos out there if you are more of a visual person. My favorite video for this type of card is from Jennifer McGuire and you can find it here.
Please head over to the Kat Scrappiness shop to view all of the new products. Trust me, you will LOVE them! Stay tuned as tomorrow we will be having an Instagram Hop with a chance to win a $25 gift card from Kat Scrappiness. You can start the hop HERE, it starts at 12:00 pm, September 24th. Get your comments and likes in before September 30th for your chance to win.