(affiliate links for most products are provided below at no additional cost to you)
It’s hop day and a chance for you to win a $25 gift certificate to the Kat Scrappiness store! It’s all about shaker cards and stencils with our latest release. I have a super fun card to share with you today so let’s get started! To get a
- Airplane Shaker Kit
- Fluffy Cloud Sequin Mix
- Falling Star Stencil
- Sending My Love sentiment and shadow dies
- Stitched Cloud Cover Plate
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Card Stock
- Lunar Paste
- Prized Ribbon Distress Oxide Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Embossing Powder Tool
- Heat Tool
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Liquid Glue
- Cut, score, and fold a 4.25″ x 5.5″ top-folding card. I used a corner trimmer on the edges but this is not needed.
- Cut your main panel to 4.25″ x 5.5″ and round the corners if you want.
- Using Distress Oxide Prized Ribbon Ink blend the main panel.
- Using the Stitched Cloud cover plate rung this panel through your die-cutting machine.
- Using the Falling Stars stencil and Lunar paste you can use a spatula to apply it to your main base. Allow to dry.
- Take your Airplane Shaker front panel, swipe Prized Ribbon Distress Oxide all over the front. Apply clear embossing powder and heat to melt. I added three layers of embossing powder for a think coat.
- Trace the airplane and clouds onto a scrap piece of white card stock.
- Cut the traced image out. You should cut slightly inside the line.
- Using coordinating alcohol markers color the plane. I used three different blues. Glue the traced image to the back of the shaker element with liquid glue.
- Die-cut your sentiment. I only used a portion of the Sending My Love die set. The word love was pulled from my stash.
- Cut a piece of vellum for your sentiment and glue the sentiment to the vellum. (TIP-I use Bearly Art Precision Glue)
- Add your sentiment to a piece of vellum. The vellum helps the sentiment to stand out.
- Now add the shaker foam to your panel. (TIP-I add glue to the foam before adhering so I can wiggle it around)
- Add your sprinkles to the center of the oval.
- Adhere the top embossed oval, again, add some glue for perfect alignment.
I hope you love this shaker as much as I do! It was really easy to make and so much fun! As always, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all of you. I would love it if you would subscribe to me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. You can find my icons at the top of the blog. Have a wonderful day and keep crafting!