(affiliate links for all products will be listed below at no additional cost to you. )
Good morning! I am up on the LDRS Creative Inspiration page today with a beautiful new die set, Perfect Petals Layering die.
Normally, when I do layered die cards I use plain card stock. However, today I thought I would use some of the beautiful patterns from the Songbird Fields 6 x 6 paper pack. The pages in this pack are full of fantastic colors. I also used the Modern Trellis Coverplate as a partial die cut for the card base. Now let’s make a card!
- Cut a top folding card 4.25 x 11”. Score at 5.5”. Fold and score.
- Create a partial die cut on the bottom third of your card front. You simply tape the Modern Trellis Coverplate to the front panel. Only place the portion of the card base you want cut under the plates. The rest of the card will hang off the plate. If you are unfamiliar with this technique search for the term on YouTube. You will find tons of videos.
- Choose the papers you want to use for your flowers and leaves and cut those.
- Glue the layers together.
Stamp the word AMAZING from the So Thankful stamps & dies. I used LDRS Creative Hybrid ink in Tropical Sea and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.
- Cut a 1/4” strip of coordinating paper to be placed across where the partial die cut meets the solid card. This step is optional but I feel it finishes that area.
- I chose to put the same paper behind the partial die cut opening. So measure the area you need to cover and cut this piece. Glue this down on the inside behind the die cut opening.
- Layout the flowers and leaves. I decided to pop up the word AMAZING and the large flower with foam tape. The rest were glued down first. Then the the flower and sentiment were put down.
- I added a few flat closed sequins for a bit of bling.
That’s it the card is done. It comes together relatively easily. These dies are a great way to use your scraps.
I hope you find a bit of inspiration in this card. I would love to hear your comments. Please subscribe to my blog for frequent inspiration or follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.
As always, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all of you and your comments.
2 thoughts on “Patterned Perfect petals”
You’ve created so many amazing cards! You very inspirational!