(affiliate links for most products are provided below at no additional cost to you)
Are you in a patriotic mood? Have you made any cards for the Fourth of July. The Cupcake Inspiration Challenge for the next two weeks is all about Stars & Stripes. I have a card that hopefully will set off the fireworks and spark some creativity! So, let’s make a card!
- Elle’s Studio Make A Wish Stamps & Dies
- Star dies in various sizes
- Embossing Folder (anyone you have will work great!)
- Midnight Sky Pearl Mix from Kat Scrappiness
- Kiss My Red Hybrid Ink from LDRS Creative
- Dark Wash Jeans Hybrid Ink from LDRS Creative
- Number and Letter Dies
- Heat tool
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Bearly Arts Precision Glue (10% Discount if you use the code KATHYPISUPATI at check out)
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Red card stock
- Cut, score and fold a top-folding A2 card base from Neenah Classic Crest.
- Cut another white panel to 4.25″ x 5.5″ (this will be cut down later.
- Cut several stars from an star dies you have in your stash. If you have a cutting machine I am sure you can find star patterns there as well.
- Ink blend the edges of the stars with Kiss Me Red Hybrid Ink.
- Randomly place your stars all over the white card panel and glue down.
- Cut the panel down. I used the large rectangle from the Gina K Master Layout 2 die set.
- Place the panel into your chosen embossing folder and run through your die-cutting machine.
- Cut another panel from red card stock that is 1/8″ larger on each side.
- Stamp and die-cut the Happy sentiment from the Elle’s Studio Make A Wish set. I also cut additional white pieces so I could layer the word Happy for dimension. Just glue them to the back of the stamped die-cut pieces.
- Using any alpha and number dies you have cut the 4 and the letters T and H.
- Add Versamark Ink to the number and letters and sprinkle with silver powder. Heat emboss.
- Cut a 2″ circle from vellum.
- Space your Happy pieces and glue down with Bearly Arts Precision Glue.
- Glue your 4th to the top of the vellum. Align this on top of the happy words. Glue down where the vellum meets the dies and add foam tape where necessary.
- Add a few Midnight Sky Pearls and the card is done.
8 thoughts on “Stars & Stripes-Cupcake Inspiration Challenge 547”
Wonderful card teammate, I like the bold Happy in blue, this is pretty cool. Have a great day! Cheers, Leanne 🙂
I love the way you embossed the stars after glueing them down! Such a fun, patriotic card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!
Thank you Karen!
This is an outstanding card and it could not be any more perfect to start the gallery with. The creative idea to ink red stars over the EF was brilliant. I just adore this so much! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and I certainly hope you will be back again soon!
Well if this card doesn’t put you in a party mood, I don’t know what would! Very festive and fun! And your “staff” are all very adorable, btw! If mine aren’t given enough treats, they tend to revolt and eat my paper. lol
Thanks so much Nance! It was sure fun to make but aren’t they all? LOL!