(affiliate links provided below at no additional cost to you. )
Ok, I know we still haven’t finished the holiday season. However, I am sure you have mailed all of your cards. So I thought, “Why not get started on Valentine’s Day cards?” So today I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog with a little love. So let’s make a card!
- Cut and score a piece of white card stock. This is an A2 sized card. I used Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock.
- Using the Never Ending Rectangle dies select two rectangles one for your main panel and another for the black background panel. Die cut those panels.
- Now, using the Hearts of Love Shaker Card Dies we are going to dry emboss three hearts onto your white panel. Follow the instructions for your machine for dry embossing.
- Glue the embossed panel to the black background. I use the Gina K Connect glue.
- Using a scrap piece of red card stock and use the large intricate die and cut out this heart.
- Because I am doing an inlaid die technique I found some Memory Box Glitter Paper and shiny metallic red scraps and cut some of the larger hearts out from this die. Keep all the inner bits as you will inlay them back into the intricate heart.
- Trace the red heart onto some Scor-Tape double sided adhesive and onto a piece of white card. Cut them slightly smaller than the intricate heart.
- Remove the top adhesive backer and adhere to the intricate heart.
- Remove the back sheet of the adhesive and then adhere all of this to the white heart. This will leave exposed adhesive in the open areas of your intricate heart.
- Now inlay your bits and pieces.
- Using the Everyday Brush Stroke stamp set, use the I Love You sentiment.
- I stamped the sentiment with white ink onto black card. Then I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and used my heat tool.
- Using the smallest rectangle from the Never Ending Dies I cut out the sentiment and trimmed it down. I cut extra black strips with this die and adhered it to the sentiment. This was glued to the heart.
- Foam tape was added to the main black/white panel and to the heart. Both were adhered to the main panel.
- I then added the Round Silver Confetti for a little shine.
I would love for you to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.