(affiliate links for most products are provided below at no additional cost to you.)
Good morning! I have had a thought running around in my head for awhile and thought I would throw this out there. I would like to have a monthly IG Hop and/or Blog Hop that is all about using those scraps you have sitting around from recent projects you have created. I am dubbing this event “tUSEday”. It would take place on the last Tuesday of the month. I still have to work out all of the details but here are a few thoughts I have had:
- Monthly event limited to 10 creators. I find myself losing interest if the hop list is much longer.
- First come-first serve basis. I would send out an email and the first ten that sign up are in.
- The event would take place on the last Tuesday of each month
- Time would be 9:00 am EST
- There will be a small prize from my stash I will cover the cost of this.
- Winner will be picked randomly from comments.
- Commitment-if you sign up you will post at the time.
- No theme, anything you want to create from stash.
- You can still feature a product. In the card below I am featuring the sentiment stamps and coordinating dies. I LOVE them. The sentiments are all on one stamp and there is a coordinating die (1 cut) AND another die to cut a shadow!
I would love to know what you think. Would you like to be part of such a hop? What method of communication do you prefer? FB group? Email?
Please leave your comments below. I need to mull over all of the ideas and have a plan before I roll this out. Here is an example of a project I created yesterday (tUSEday).
I am notorious for not planning out a card design and therefore I end up with elements I don’t use. In this card all of the main elements were leftovers from other finished cards. These pieces usually reside in a bin on my desk that I pull from.
The scalloped background wasn’t the right pink for the completed card. The stitched panel was crooked and not the right size. The strip panel was cut off a larger piece. And the floral focal element…well it was intended to be a shaker element but just didn’t work out. I couldn’t throw them away.
These Sentiment Stack Stamps from LDRS Creative are my all time favorite. You can stamp so many sentiments in one pass and die-cut them in one pass. I know there are other companies out there with similar products HOWEVER….LDRS Creative also has a SHADOW die for the sentiment strips! I love adding just a little color behind my strips and this is PERFECT. Plus they are always adding more to this collection. And the sayings are so clever! CHECK THEM OUT!
I would love to hear your thoughts please leave them in the comments below and let me know if you are interested in such an endeavor! I love all my crafty friends!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and reading this post. What do you think of the card? I would love for you to subscribe to my blog below and follow me on social media from the links at the top! Have a wonderful crafty day! I have provided affiliate links to most products below. I would love for you to use them if you feel like shopping 😁