(affiliate links for most products are provided at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! How is your weather today? I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Blog today. It is bright and sunny here in Arizona so I thought I would share a bright and cheery birthday card featuring the fabulous Birthday Essentials Die set and the Condensed Lower Case Alpha dies from Kat Scrappiness. I had a fun background in my mixed media stash and combined with these beautiful products I think it makes for a cute card. Let me know what you think!
- Birthday Essential Dies
- Condensed Lower Case Alphabet Dies
- Everyday Brushstrokes
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb card stock
- Embossing Powder
- Distress Oxides
- Round Gold Confetti
- Liquid Glue
- Foam Tape
- Die-cutting machine
- Misti Stamping Platform
- Paper Trimmer
- Cut, score and fold an A2 side folding card base.
- Select a background panel you have in your stash that you want to use.
- Cut this panel to 4″ x 5.25″.
- Cut a border panel slightly smaller from white card stock. I have about a 1/8″ border.
- WIth scrap white card stock cut 8 pieces of the letter y, 4 of the letter a, and 4 of the balloon. Cut 1 of the balloon string.
- I used Distress Oxide, Twisted Citron to ink my letters and the edge of my border panel.
- Glue the letters together and allow them to dry.
- Glue the balloons together and allow them to dry.
- Using your stamp platform (optional) stamp happy birthday from the Everyday Brushstroke stamp set.
- Use your anti-static powder tool and heat emboss with Versamark Ink and gold embossing powder.
- Use one of the Block Strips from Kat Scrappiness to cut the sentiment and then trim the ends.
- To assemble the card, glue the background to your border panel.
- Arrange and glue down your die-cut letters and balloon.
- Glue the sentiment down and add a bit of foam tape where it hangs off the die-cut letters.
- Glue down your confetti.
- Add foam tape to the back of the entire panel and adhere to your A2 card base.
I told you it was simple! We always need birthday cards in our stash and this is honestly one of my favorite die sets. Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate all of you and your feedback. Please stop over to the Kat Scrappiness shop and get your supplies today. You can find all of the links below. Make sure you visit the Kat Scrappiness to see my card and so much more inspiration from my wonderful, design team friends.