It’s time for the annual Cat Blog Hop! this blog hop is put on every year by Her Peaceful Garden It has been going on for 8 years! This is my second year participating as part of the Kat Scrappiness Design Team
My card this year features products from the new Kat’s Meow release from Kat Scrappiness if you are a cat lover, you will LOVE this release! all products are listed below.
- The Kat’s Meow 6×6 Paper Pad
- Pawsome Cats Stamps
- Pawsome Cats Dies
- Simple Sentiments Stamp
- Simple Sentiment Die
- Stitched Nesting Dome Dies
- 3D Box Grass Add On
- Cloud Stencil
- Mother of Pearl AB Round Confetti
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper trimmer
- Liquid Glue
- Foam Tape
I love how this little kitty is just waiting for the fishbones to fall! The fish is actually adhered with fishing string so it has a bit of tempting movement. I can just see the kitty’s eyes jetting back and forth!
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base.
- Cut a piece of The Kat’s Meow Paper Pad to 3.75”x5”. Cut a piece of white card stock to the same size.
- With the 3D Box, Grass Add-on cut a strip of grass from green card stock. Use the same die to cut into the patterned paper. (about 1” up from the bottom)
- Glue the patterned paper to the solid white rectangle. Inlay the grass die-cut.
- Using the Nesting Stitched Dome Dies, tape two together to create a frame and die-cut 3 frames from white card stock, glue these together. Using the larger die cut a solid dome.
- Using the inner piece, and the cloud stencil, ink blend clouds for the background.
- Stamp your kitty and 2 fish skeleton. Color with alcohol markers.
- Glue a piece of fishing line in between the fish skeletons. It should be about 4” long.
- Decide where your dome die will be placed. Glue the fishing line to the back of the domed die, at the top.
- Adhere the dome die with liquid glue. Center the cloud panel and glue to the card base.
- Add foam to the back of your kitty, leaving a bit of space free towards the bottom.
- Center the string of the fish and loosely adhere your fish so it moves a bit.
- Add a bit of glue to the bottom of the kitty, where it will attach to the dome and add to the frame.
- Stamp your sentiment with the Simple Sentiments stamp and cut with the coordinating die.
- Add foam to the back of the sentiment and add to the panel.
- Add some Mother of Pearl AB Round Confetti. The card is done!
I hope you enjoy this card, and encourage you to head over to the blog hop HERE. I also think you should stop by the Kat Scrappiness store to see all of the new, adorable cat products. Below is a list of all the supplies used for this card. I would love if you would use my links to shop at Kat Scrappiness. These affiliate links provide a small commission to me at no additional cost to you. This allows me to maintain my website and continue to provide inspiration for you. Thank you!
53 thoughts on “Cat Lover’s Blog Hop”
What a cute cat scene you created and the striped paper makes a perfect background!
Thanks Ellie I appreciate you stopping by!
This is such a cute design! I love the arch with the stenciled clouds.
Thanks sooo much Becca!
Thanks so much Laurie! It was so much fun to make! Happy Hopping!
Hello Kathy, I’m visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop. You’ve made a fabulous card – I love this expectant-looking kitty eyeing up the fish bones 🙂 Beautiful make!
Thanks so much Carole! It’s such a cute stamp set! Happy hopping!
What a great card! Something makes me think that another cat is about to leap in and steal that fish! Your design is so cute, and I love the striped background!
Thanks Bets! This is such a fun Hop!
Such an adorable card, Kathy! Loving your color combo. Good to see you in the Cat Lovers Hop this year. 😀
Thanks for your kind comments Connie! It’s such a fun hop!
So cute! So clever to use little fishing string to suspend the fish bones. I bet it’s adorable swinging over his head.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I do love that little fishing string! Have a great day!
Oh, how fun! Such a creative idea to have the fish bones dangling above the kitty.
Thank you so much for helping us kick off the #2022CatLoversHop!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
You are so welcome. This is such a fun hop! I appreciate your kind words!
Hi Kathy, I am hopping by from the Cat Lovers Hop!
What a cute scene with the Cat and fish!
Thanks so much Susan!! This is such a fun hop!!
Popping over from the Cat Hop to say hello! I love visiting the blogs of fellow cat lovers! As always, your card is gorgeous! You’ve rocked those KS goodies in the new release! 😉
Love To Scrap 2
Thanks so much Leslie! Such a fun hop and these kitty stamps are adorable!
So super cute I love everything about this card 😊
Thanks so much Crystal!!
kathy, your kitty card is so much fun! I love the stampede clouds and the bright colors! Adorable!
Thanks so much for stopping by Michele! I appreciate it!!
Your card is so cute, but i hope the kitty finds another complete fish… *LOL*
He’s not through with his dinner LOL! Thanks for stopping by!
Aw so cute!
Popped in from Cat Lovers Hop and from LeighSBDesigns
Such an adorable little scene! Kitty looks like he wants that fish bone! Maybe he already ate the fish and this is all that’s left over!
I think so! He is not done with his dinner! Thanks for stopping by!
this is super cute card!
Hi from Cat lovers blog hop! 😺
Hi. Hopping from the Cat Lovers Hop! Love your fun design and how you have made the fish swing.
Thanks so much Angela! I appreciate you stopping by! Such a fun hop!
Love this CUTE cat card….PURRRfect in every way. Love the stamps, the patterned paper, etc….great job!
Thank you so much Beverly!
SOOOO Cute!! I love the use of those arch dies! And I am adding the kitty set to my “Gotta Have List” – adorable!!
It is such a great set! Thanks for stopping by!
What a darling card! Poor little kitty, I do hope that she gets some meat off those bones! fabulous shading. The green and orange pop on the card! Happy hopping!
Thanks Mandy! I appreciate your kind words!
this is sooo cute.
Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.
Thanks so much!
Creative with the fish bone and cat looking at it. Visiting from Cat Lovers Blog Hop.
Hi! I’m popping in from the Cat Lovers Hop. What a delightful and sweet card. So nicely done!
What a cute card! I love your kitty with his fish bone. Just stopping by from the Cat Lovers Hop.
Thank you Bonnie!
Hopping over from the Cat Lover’s Hop. Really love your design and colouring! Awesome scene you created.
Thanks so much Roberta!!
So cute with the moving fish bones and I like the domed shape.
Thank you Sue!
Hi! I am visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop. What a sweet card and creative card you’ve created, Kathy. Thank you for the inspiration. xx
Thank you Lori! Thanks for stopping by!