(affiliate links for most products are provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Blog today with a new card featuring the new Under the Sea dies. There is a beautiful new cover plate and a set of amazing ocean plant dies. They can be used for any occasion and are bound to be hit in your craft room! So let’s make a card!
- Under the Sea Cover Plate
- Life Under the Sea Dies
- Friendship Greetings Stamp Set
- Boxed Sentiment Strip Dies
- Aqua AB Transparent Jewel Mix
- Black Pigment Ink
- Alcohol Markers
- Any Circle die
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb card stock
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Tim Holtz Guillotine
- Connect Glue
- Foam Tape
- Misti Stamping Platform
- Die-Cutting Machine
- Cut, score, and fold a side-folding A2 card base.
- Using the Under the Sea Cover Plate DRY EMBOSS a piece of white card stock using the settings on your die-cutting machine. Trim to 3.75″ x 5″.
- Using a circle die, die-cut a 3.5″ circle from white card stock.
- Choose coordinating ocean colors from your marker stash and randomly draw overlapping stripes across your circle die.
- Cut several of the plants from the Life Under the Sea dies from white card stock. I chose to ink blend some Distress Oxide inks over a few of them. This is optional.
- Stamp your sentiment and die-cut using the Boxed Sentiment dies. Trim to the desired length.
- Cut a piece of white card stock slightly larger than your sentiment strip. Color the edges with a marker used on the circle die. Adhere the sentiment to this strip with glue.
- Layout your plants on your circle die and then adhere using strong glue.
- Add foam tape to your dry-embossed, cover plate panel and adhere to the card base.
- Glue your sentiment strip directly to the card panel.
- Add foam tape to the back of the circle die and add to the card panel.
- Add a few jewels and you’re done!
This is a pretty easy card to make and I can’t wait to see your creations. Please share them with us over on the Kat Scrappiness Insiders Facebook Page. Please make sure to take a peek at all of the inspiration on the Kat Scrappiness Blog as well! And don’t forget to stop by the Kat Scrappiness Store to see all of the amazing products!