(Affiliate links to most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! Today I am up on the LDRS Creative Daily Inspiration page with a faux shaker card using the new Holiday Floral products from LDRS Creative. This card is easy to make and the result is beautiful.
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base.
- Stamp the tree floral in the Bali Blue, Dark wash Jeans, Olive Branch and Prickly Pear Perfection. Set it aside to dry. Then die cut with the medium tree die.
- Stamp a panel of sentiments from the new Christmas Sentiments stamp and die. I used Dark wash Jeans Hybrid Ink. You will need two strips. One will be on the outside and one on the inside.
- Tape together the two largest tree dies from the Holiday Florals die set. Cut a tree frame from a silver card stock. Keep the inner die-cut. We will use this to die-cut the other front panel layers.
- Die-cut a piece of 4.25” x 5.5” white card stock using the Plaid Coverplate II die.
- Cut a piece of light blue card stock to 4.25” x 5.5”.
- Now with the inner portion of the tree die-cut add some temporary adhesive to the back.
- Position your tree frame on the plaid background where you want it (do not glue it down). Insert the inner die-cut and press it on to the plaid panel. Position your frame die around it, tape it down with low tack tape and die-cut this panel.
- Do the same thing for the blue card stock. Now your frames should align perfectly.
- Using liquid, adhere the blue panel to the card base and then the plaid panel on top. Make sure the die-cut areas line up.
- Cut a piece of acetate with the LARGE tree die. Then slightly trim around the edges. Glue this to the back of your silver frame. Allow to dry. Once dry, glue to the front of your card over the opening.
- Add some silver bling on top of the acetate with liquid glue.
- Now for the inside of the card. Position the tree you stamped direclty behind the acetate opening, add glue to the back and close the card on itself. Allow to dry.
- I used one of the layering stamps from the Holiday Florals set to add little flowers to the inside of the card.
- Adhere your sentiment to the outside of the card and glue the inner sentiment directly behind the outer one.
It’s fun to create something a little different and I think this faux shaker card will surprise your recipient.
Please take a peek in the LDRS Creative shop for these fantastic new products and make sure you check out all of the creations from our Design Team on the Daily Inspiration pages. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for all of your support! Please use the links below for your shopping. These links provide a small commission to me at no additional cost to you!
Have a fabulous crafty day!