(affiliate links for most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! Today is Day 2 being the Guest Designer for Your Next Stamp. I am incredibly thankful for this opportunity. If you haven’t seen some of their critter stamps and dies you are in for a treat. Today I am creating a card using the Birthday Chickies & Coordinating Dies These little chickies are adorable and I hope this card inspires you to check out all of the critters.
All supplies will be at the bottom of the post and I encourage you to visit Your Next Stamp and see their beautiful products. But now it is time to make a card!
- Birthday Chickies Stamp Set
- Birthday Chickies Coordinating DIe
- YNS Gumdrops
- Scalloped Die
- 1/4″ Strip Dies (or just cut 1/4″ strips with a paper trimmer)
- small cloud dies (or just cut a few from white card stock)
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Colored Card stock 80lb
- Alcohol Markers or colored pencils
- Versafine Nocturne Pigment Ink
- Foam Tape
- Paper Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Die-Cut Machine
- Stamp your Birthday Chickie images in black pigment ink that is safe for alcohol markers. At the same time you can stamp your small sentiment.
- Color the chickies using your preferred medium.
- Die-cut your colored images and trim your sentiment. Mine is about 1/2″.
- Cut, score and fold an A2 side-folding card base from white card stock. Set aside.
- Cut a panel at 4.25″ x 5.5″ from colored card stock.
- Cut a panel of white card stock slightly larger than 2.75″ x 3.5″. We will glue the colored strips to this.
- Cut the scallop panel with a die or use and frame die your have to cut this layer. Follow the instructions of your die machine, run through the machine. Set aside.
- Cut several strips of blue and green card stock from different shade using your trimmer or a 1/4″ strip die.
- Arrange your strips to create a gradient resembling sky and grass. Once you have them arranged glue these strips to the small white panel. Allow to dry and then trim to 2.75″ 3.5″. You can also use a sheet of double sided adhesive.
- Adhere the strip panel with liquid glue to your scallop panel.
- Cut 2 little clouds. If you have a small cloud die use that. I added Wink of Stella shimmer pen to the right edges of the clouds for a little shimmer.
- Figure out where you want all your pieces on your strip panel.
- Now it’s time for assembly. Glue the sentiment direct to your strip panel.
- Pop up the clouds and chickies on foam tape and add these to the strip panel.
- Add foam to the scallop panel and adhere to colored card panel.
- Glue everything to your A2 side-folding card base.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all of your support. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram at @expressivepaper for more inspiration. I will have a new card using Your Next Stamp products for the next four days so please check them out. I hope you enjoyed this post!