(Affiliate links to most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Who doesn’t love a shaker card? Shaker cards are for adults too! You really can’t go wrong with any of the sprinkles from Kat Scrappiness. Today I am showcasing two of the latest sprinkles, Mugs of Beer & Luck of the Irish. With the maiden name of O’Brien, you have to get an early start on the St. Paddy Day cards! So what is the perfect card for this holiday? Well, it’s a mug of beer for SURE! So let’s make a card.
There is a lot of die-cutting in this card because of the mug. If I did it again I would probably use craft foam. But, the card is done and I know a family member that will LOVE it and that’s all that matters.
- Kat Scrappiness Happy Day Stamp Set
- Kat Scrappiness Boxed Sentiment Strip Dies
- Kat Scrappiness Luck of the Irish Sprinkles
- Kat Scrappiness Mug of Beer Sprinkles
- Kat Scrappiness Gold Pearls
- Gina K Designs Fizzy Stencil
- Picket Fence Studios Let the Good Times Roll Kit-Beer Mug
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Distress Oxide Rustic Wilderness
- Memory Box Pastel Glitter Card Stock
- Kat Scrappiness Teflon Bone Folder
- Paper Trimmer
- Misti Stamping Platform
- DIe-cutting machine
- Green card stock
Seriously….aren’t these sprinkles ADORABLE????
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb.
- Find a suitable green card stock and cut a panel to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Cut the main card panel from the same white card stock to 4.25″ x 5.5″. This will be cut down later.
- Using the Gina K Design Fizzy stencil and the Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink blend. You will blend heavier on the bottom and use a lighter hand towards the top.
- Take the Beer Mug die and position it where you want your mug to be. Leave room around the edges as this will be cut down to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Die-cut the ink-blended panel. Cut it down and glue it to your top folding base. Don’t throw the mug away we will use part of it for behind the shaker element.
- Now, with the center Beer Mug die cut out 5 pieces from white card stock and 1 from the Memory Box glitter card. It is the piece that looks like champagne a bit.
- Trace one of these die-cuts onto the left over ink blended piece. Fussy cut slightly inside of the traced line.
- Glue all of the white center cuts to the ink blended panel. Set something heavy on top and allow to dry completely.
- Now adhere a piece of clear acetate to the back of the glitter die-cut. Allow this to dry completely.
- Stamp your sentiment from the Happy Day Stamp set.
- I used an ancient shamrock punch to represent the word St. Patrick’s Day as I don’t have this in my stash. I stamped it in orange as that is part of the Irish flag Green-White-Orange. I added a few of the beer mugs on top.
- Now the shaker elements should be dry. So, first glue the bottom panel that will hold your sprinkles in the center of the mug cut-out.
- Add your sprinkles. I mixed up the Lucks of the Irish and the Mugs of Beer because I couldn’t resist.
- This is important-make sure the sprinkle don’t come above the die-cuts or craft foam if you use it. Also, don’t fill it up completely as you want the sprinkles to move.
- Now add liquid glue to all areas of the piece. Allow it to dry for 10 seconds or so. I find this doesn’t cause the glue to squish out the sides. NOW-add your glitter card stock and acetate carefully. Put an acrylic block on top and allow to dry.
- Part of your sentiment may hang off the edge of the shaker element. You will need foam tape under this portion and I doubled my foam tape up. The other part of the sentiment can be glued to the shaker.
- Add some gold pearls around and you’re done.
As always, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your support and kind comments. Please subscribe to my blog for more inspiration. I would also appreciate if you would follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper. Stay healthy and keep crafting!