(affiliate links for most products provided below at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning! I am so thrilled to be the Guest Designer for Your Next Stamp for the next 4 days! I am incredibly thankful for this opportunity. If you haven’t seen some of their critter stamps and dies you are in for a treat. Today I am creating a card using the La La Llama Stamp Set & Coordinating Die. This little Llama with his garland screams fiesta and what is a fiesta without a pinata? So I went with the fiesta theme and I hope it inspires you!
All supplies will be at the bottom of the post and I encourage you to visit Your Next Stamp and see their beautiful products. But now it is time to make a card!
- La La Llama Stamp Set
- La La Llama Coordinating DIe
- Stitched Cloud Background Die (or use an embossing folder or another background die, this provides texture and dimension)
- Heart Die
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Colored Card stock 80lb
- Alcohol Markers or colored pencils
- White Gel Pen
- Versafine Nocturne Pigment Ink
- Foam Tape
- Paper Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Die-Cut Machine
- Stamp your La La Llama images in black pigment ink that is safe for alcohol markers. At the same time you can stamp your small sentiment.
- Color the llama and gifts in colors that will coordinate with your pinata.
- Die-cut your colored images.
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base from white card stock. Set aside.
- Cut a panel at 4.25″ x 5.5″ from the the same white card stock. Using a background die or embossing folder, and following the instructions of your die machine, run through the machine. Set aside.
- Using a Misti or another stamp platform, place the die-cut panel into the Misti and line up your main sentiment. Tip-I use a piece of clean acetate over the panel and under the magnets and actuall stamp the sentiment to make sure I am happy with the placement. Make sure to remove the acetate once happy with placement. You will notice that I stamped right over my die-cut background. IF you are using an embossing folder this will be difficult due to the raised surface so you mayu want to stamp it on a piece of white card stock, trim and add this to your card.j
- Cut a heart die from a scrap piece of card stock.. This heart is about three inches wide.
- Now cut several (about 5) strips of colored card stock at 1″ wide. I used scrap paper for these so have a look through your scraps and pick colors you have. Mine coordinated with how I planned to color parts of the llama image.
- Once the strips are cut make several cuts up the stripm (about 1/2″) to create a fringe. If you have a die for this all the better.
- Add a small line of glue across the uncut portion of the fringe strip and glue to the white heart die-cut. Start from the bottom and work UP. (trust me, I learned the hard way) Let this dry completely.
- Once everything is glued down, trim the excess strip from around your heart.
- Now it’s time for assembly. Glue the pinata heart direct to your die-cut card panel. Add the smaller sentiment towards the top of the heart.
- Glue the main panel to the card base with strong liquid glue.
- The llama and gifts were popped up on foam tape.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all of your support. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram at @expressivepaper for more inspiration. I will have a new card using Your Next Stamp products for the next four days so please check them out. I hope you enjoyed this post!