(Affiliate links for most products are listed below at no additional cost to you. )
Sometimes you just have to revisit a technique that you haven’t used in awhile. I guarantee that if you hang out with Mary Gunn on her show CRAFT ROULETTE you will get a chance to! This week’s card type was a retiform card. My card involved no stamping and a lot of paper piecing. Normally, with the retiform technique you draw a grid, mask off areas and ink blend or stamp in each area of the grid. The Songbird Fields from LDRS Creative is beautiful and I had to use it. So I made my grid but rather than stamping I used patterned paper in each area. Call me a rebel.
- Cut and fold an A2 card. I did a top folding card.
- Use a rectangle die set to cut your Midnight Blue card stock. I see Gina K Design’s Master Layout 2. Then I cut a 4.25” x 5.5” piece for my grid. I drew my grid on a piece of copy paper that was 4.25” x 5.5”. I then cut the grid pieces and traced them on my pattern paper. You will want to cut in the inside line as you want a little space between pieces. If you need to trim a little more so so.
- Glue your piece to the A2 card stock. Then cut the panel with the stitched rectangle from Gina K’s Master Layout 2.
- I then used Master Layouts 7 to cut the sentiment panels.
- The Thanks sentiment was from Concord & 9ths Summer Camp. It was an exclusive die but and word die will do. I cut it twice, once in the Midnight Card Stock and once in the patterned paper. I layered these on top of each other with liquid glue.
- The bird is an older StampinUp punch. I don’t think it’s available anymore. The branch is from the same punch.
- After gluing the bird together I added it to the small stitched sentiment panel.
- The stitched panel was added to the Midnight panel.
- I added this with foam tape to the retiform panel then adhered the panel to the card base.
- a drop of white Nuvo Crystal drops was added for the birds eye.
That’s it the card is done. I encourage you to join the Craft Roulette Facebook group and join Mary Gunn and her fabulous special guests and very Friday night at 6:30pm. Here is a link to join.
As always, thanks for stopping I appreciate each of you. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper