Good evening! Have you seen the latest release from Spellbinders? The release is called Sealed by Spellbinders and it’s focus is on the new wax seals. But let me tell you, I haven’t got the wax seals kit YET. However, there are so many beautiful products that can be used if you don’t want the wax seal (but trust me, you’re gonna want it!) Today’s card focuses on the Geometric Optical Background, Glimmer Plate and the Layered stencils that go with it. It is absolutely beautiful and can be used in so many different ways. Here is the card I have created with the new Glimmer plate and stencils. I have also used the new Sealed Berry Sprig and the More Sentiments, Glimmer Hot Foil Plate.
I am not going to cover hot foiling today. I suggest you go to YouTube and check out Spellbinder’s Glimmer Boot Camp. I will put a link a the end of this post. I will tell you how easy it was to make this card!
- Cut, score and fold an A2 top-folding card base.
- Cut a panel of colored card stock that will coordinate with your inks, to 4” x 5.25”
- Using the Geometric Optical Background Glimmer Plate foil a white piece of card stock. I used Spellbinder’s Gold Hot Foil. Trim this panel to 3.75” x 5”.
- You can also hot foil your sentiment at this time and die cut it with the die in the sentiment set. Trim it to the same width as the stenciled panel.
- Now, mask off about 2.5” from the bottom.
- Using two different colors of ink (I used Distress Oxides-Villainous Potion and Wilted Violet).
- There are 4 stencils to this set and I only used 3. I wanted the circles to stay white.
- Start ink-blending at the top and blend down, getting lighter towards the bottom.
- Grab the second stencil and do the same with a lighter color.
- The third stencil I used was the one that fills in the tiny squares and I swiped some gold Lunar Paste over it.
- Let this panel dry.
- Now die cut two berry sprigs from a green card stock and the berries from a coordinating purple. I cut a few of the centers from gold card stock as well. Glue all the bits together with liquid glue.
- Glue the sprig to the back of the sentiment strip. I made mine a bit shorter. Add foam tape to the back of the sentiment strip and add to stenciled panel. I also added some green ink to the edges of the leaves for dimension.
- Add foam to the back of the stenciled panel and adhere to purple card stock.
- Use liquid glue to adhere the entire thing to your card base.
I am in love with this new Glimmer background and the ability to add color with the coordinating stencils creates so many possibilities! I will share more in the next few weeks! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate all of you! Please use the links below to shop for these products! It provides me with a small commission at no additional cost to you! This allows me to continue to maintain my blog and provide inspiration to you. Please leave any comments below and I will get back to you if you have any questions. Have a fabulous, crafty day!
If you would like more information on Hot Foiling please check out the Glimmer Bootcamp from Spellbinders HERE.