Good morning all my crafty friends, today we will be creating a die cut card. I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Blog with some inspiration for you. I am using the 5 x 7 Foliage die, the 5 x7 Never Ending Rectangle dies, the Boxed Sentiment dies, the Simply Amazing Sentiment die, and a bit of ink and some pearls. Supplies list will be found below.
- Firstly, cut the foliage die 5 times. Atlleast one of these pieces of card stock should be for water coloring.
- Continue to cut a panel with the Never Ending Rectangle Die that is slightly smaller than the Foliage pieces. Add this panel to a sheet of double sided adhesive paper. This is optional but will make step 5 easier.
- For the top panel I used some hybrid inks, sprayed them on my glass mat, sprayed some water and smushed the die panel into the inks. Choose whatever ink colors you want. Set this aside to dry.
- Next, splatter the top panel with white ink and pearlescent ink.
- Glue all five foliage patterns together for dimension.
- Then I used the boxed sentiment dies to cut numerous strips to cover the back panel. Ink the edges with an ink used in the “smushing”. Adhere them to the adhesive panel therefore creating a paneled look.
- At this time, cut your sentiment and ink it in a color of your choosing. Cutting it from card stock is also an option. After the ink dries, glue it to paneled piece.
- Nothing is done without a little bling! Add some pearls to the panel. Different colored pearls were used for the tittles (yes that is a word) on the letter I.
- Finally adhere this to a 5 x 7 card base with foam tape, for dimension.
As always, thank you for stopping by. If you enjoy this card and would like to see more from me please subscribe to my email list. You can also follow me on Instagram at @expressivepaper.