- This is an A2 sized card (4.25 x 5.5″). First, cut the card. Mine is a side folding card, cut at 5.5 x 8.5, score on the long side at 4.25″ and set aside.
- Cut a panel at 4.25 by 5.5″.
- Using the LDRS Creative Modern Trellis cover plate I dry embossed my panel. Check your die cutting machines sandwich guide to see the way you need to do this.
- I then cut a panel from the 6 x 6 Songbird Fields paper pack. You can cut this panel any size you want. I wanted a slightly odd shape but made sure it fit the width of my card. I cut the top and bottom edges with the Offset Slimline Stackable dies (these are part of the Pastry Pals Exclusive Kit) they give you a beautiful diagonal stitched edge.
- Next stamp the So Thankful flower image and sentiment on card stock suitable for alcohol markers. I used Versafine Nocturne Clair ink. I embossed both the image and sentiment with clear embossing powder.
- Color your image.
- Die cut your image and sentiment with the So Thankful dies.
- Decide how you want your image to lay on the dry embossed panel and glue the flower image down. You can then trim off the extra parts.
- I placed foam tape onto the patterned paper and placed this over the flower image. TIP-I always add a bit of liquid glue to the foam to allow for some wiggle room when placing it down.
- For the background pieces of the sentiment, I used the LDRS Creative Diagonal Stitched Postage Frame dies. I die cut the reverse scalloped circle from a coordinating turquoise and the plain circle from white card stock.
- I put foam tape on the back of the sentiment and a little liquid glue and centered that in the circle. The circle was then centered onto the turquoise element and glued to the patterned paper.
- Liquid glue was put on the back of the finished panel and it was glued down to the card base.
What do you think? I love the colors and patterns in the paper pack and promise to use more in the next few weeks. As always, I am grateful for you visiting my blog. I would love it if you subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper for more inspiration. Have a great day!