(Affiliate links to most products are provided at the end of this post at no additional cost to you)
Good Morning and Happy Christmas Eve! Today is Feature Day 2 on the LDRS Creative Inspiration Page. Believe me, the page is worth a visit as there is a ton of ideas from our amazing design team. The theme for this day is “Favs of the Year”. So why not make a card with some of my favorites? I happen to LOVE the So Thankful products and the little critters can be used for so many different genres of cards.
This card is pretty easy to make. It involves coloring and dry embossing and a bit of bling sol let’s get started!
detailed Card details for you
- Cut and score your card base. Mine card is 5.5″ x 4.25 in a landscape format. I use Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
- Cut your colored card stock for your border. Mine is 4.75″ x 3.5″.
- Before you cut your main panel let’s dry emboss it. I used the A2 Diagonal Stitched Layered Card Toppers & the Diagonal Stitched Layered Frames. They nest perfectly inside each other and have so many different uses. For example, we are doing some dry embossing.
- First, follow the enstructions for yuour die cutting machine. The sandwich is different for most machines. I have a Spellbinders Platinum Six so I will give instructions for this machine.
- Cut a piece of white card stock to standard A2 size (4.25″ x 5,5″).
- To do a dry emboss with nested dies it is best to use a magnetic sheet. I have some I purchased at a home improvement store. They are vent covers and can be cut down to size.
- On the magnet sheet, lay out your dies, cutting side DOWN, allowing for equal spacing all around.
- Once layed out use low tack tape. I use Mint Tape from Scrapbook.com.
- For the Spellbinder Platinum 6 here is my sandwich:
- Dies (Cut side UP)
- Card stock
- Tan Embossing Mat
- Blue Embossing Plate
- Remember your machine my differ a bit. Check your isnstructions and test it out. This is a technique you will LOVE!
- Figure out how you want your embossed image to appear on your card and position it in that way.
- Run the sandwich through your machine.
- Now, cut the main panel down. Mine measures 4.75″ x 3.5″.
- Now stamp the images you want to use from the So Thankful Stamp set. I used stamped the porcupine, mouse and flowers at once and thebn stamped the flowers again.
- Now use whatever medium you want to color your images. I used Prisma Colored Pencils.
- Once colored die cut using the So Thankful Dies.
- Stamp the Happy Me Happy You sentiment stamp with white ink over black card stock and emboss with white embossing powder. Use your heating tool to do the embossing.
- Next I used the Sentiments Stack 2 to die cut all of the sentiments. Who doesn’t like having multiple sentiments ready?? There is also Sentiment Stack 1 which cuts banners.
- As you can see I glued the sentiment directly to the card with Gina K Connect Glue. I also glued the flowers and the little mouse with this product. The porcupine is popped up for dimension with Scotch Foam Tape
- Last but not least…..add your choice of bling!.
As always, thanks for stopping by. It truly is appreciated. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper. Have a fabulous day and Happy Holidays!