(Affiliate links to most products are found at the end of this post at no additional cost to you)
It’s a beautiful day in Arizona and time to share some LOVE! Today I am on the Kat Scrappiness Blog with a Valentine’s Day shaker card. Kat Scrappiness has all the bits and pieces you need to make them. Today’s card features the Stitched Heart Cover Plate. It is time to get shaking!
supplies-all products linked below
- Stitched Hearts Cover Plate Die
- Heart Builder Donut Dies
- For the Love of Donuts Stamp Set
- XOXO Sprinkles
- Telescopic Embossing Powder Tool
- Die Cutting Machine
- Stamp Platform
- Paper Trimmer
- Heating Tool
- Distress Oxide Inks
- Embossing Powder
- Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Liquid Glue
- Top Folding A2 Card Base
- Stitched Heart Cover Plate die cut-4.25″ x 5″
- Shaker Element
- Cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb paper for a top folding A2 card, measuring 4.25″ by 11″.
- Score at 5.5″ and fold.
- Using a piece of the same card stock use the Stitched Hearts Cover Plate and die cut your main card panel.
- Using the large plain heart and medium heart dies from the Heart Donut Builders set, tape together and cut 5 frames for your shaker element.
- With the large heart die cut 1 large base for your shaker element. Using the same die cut a heart from the acetate.
- Four of the frames are adhered together and glued to the heart base. Set this aside to dry.
- Adhere the top frame to the acetate and set aside.
- Shake some of the XOXO Sprinkles into the base of the shaker element. Make sure they are level with the frame and don’t overfill or the element won’t shake.
- Add glue, carefully aroung the base and adhere the top frame and acetate. Put an acrylic block on top and allow to dry.
- Now for the main card panel! Using the masking paper cut 3 pieces of 3″ x 3″ squares. Die cut the large heart from each.
- Place the open heart masking paper on to the die-cut cover plate where you want them. I left a bit of space off-center for the shaker element.
- Carefully ink blend the heart area, make sure not to go outside of the masking square. You may use post it notes to cover areas of concern. Use the colors of your choice. Allow the panel to dry.
- Find a coordinating piece of scrap paper for your sentiment. I used the stamp Sprinkled with Love from the For the Love of Donuts stamp set. Prep your card scrap using the Telescopic Embossing Powder Tool.
- With black ink and a stamp platform (or just an acrylic block) stamp your sentiment. Add clear embossing powder and heat your sentiment.
- Use the Block Sentiment Dies to cut your strip.
- Add double sided adhesive and a bit of liquid glue to your cover plate. This allows you to wiggle the panel into place.. Center this on to the top folding panel.
- Add liquid glue to the back of your shaker element and adhere to the area you want it to be.
- I cut a bit off the edges of my sentiment and added foam tape to the ends. Liquid glue was added to the shaker heart where the sentimet will sit.
- I added a few sprinkles around the card base just for fun. That’s it, card done!
Hope this card inspired you to make some valentines. Stop by the Kat Scrappiness Shop to pick up all your Valentine’s Day products. They are beautiful and will be used for years to come!
As always, thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you have an amazing Valentine’s Day with all of your loved ones. Please subscribe to my blog below and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.