(Affiliate links provided below at no additional cost to you)
It’s time to deck the halls with cards so jolly! Today is Feature Day 2 for LDRS Creative. Today’s theme is Deck the Halls. There’s no better way to do this without using LDRS Pirouette Pattern Template and the Peace & Joy stamps. So let’s make a card!
- First, I used the Pirouette Pattern Spiral template to create the circular background for the sentiment.
- I cut a square 3.5 x 3.5 and followed the instructions for the spiral pirouette. I used the Holly Leaf, Candy Cane and Lollipop stamps. There are so many stamps to choose from as this set has 43 of them! The hybrid inks used were Scarlet Rose and Olive Branch.
- Once finished with the design I set it aside.
- Next I cut out a scalloped circle frame (3x) using the dies from the Diagonal Stitched Postage Frames Slimline dies.
- Then I cut out just a scalloped circle from vellum.
- The Happy Holidays sentiment was stamped with the Scarlet Rose ink and embossed with clear powder. The reason I used vellum was so you could see the candy canes underneath.
- The sentiment vellum was glued to the back of one of the frames. The remaining frames were added to the back of the vellum and set aside.
- Next I used the Offset Stack-ables. This is part of the Pastry Pals Kit which I guarantee you will LOVE! I cut pieces of white card stock to 5.5” x approx. 3.5”. Position the die where you want and cut. One of the panels I used the Scarlet Rose ink to color the edge. I slightly offset these panels and glued them together.
- Then I used the candy cane stamp in Scarlet Rose ink on the white piece to create some interest.
- Then I cut a piece of the Peace & Joy Patterned Paper to approx. 4” x 5.5”. I used double sided adhesive to attach this to a standard A2 card base.
- Next, I glued down the stackable pieces on to the patterned paper and card base.
- I added a bit of Scarlet Rose to the edges of my scallop circle frame and added it to the top of the spiral background. The circle was then popped up with some foam tape.
There are so many options with the Pirouette Pattern Template. You can create backgrounds, spirals and wreaths. LDRS Creative has so many coordinating stamp sets for all occasions.
Please make sure to check out all of the Design Team’s creations on our Daily Inspiration page!
I hope you enjoy this card and encourage you to check out the Pirouette Pattern Template. HERE is a link to a video showing you in detail how to use it.
As always, thank you for stopping by. I appreciate all of your feedback. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on FB and Instagram @expressivepaper.