affiliate links for most products provided below at no additional cost to you
I am so excited to be part of the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge “Sweeties” Team. These doll images from this week’s challenge is sponsored by Paper Nest Dolls and their digital images are SO adorable. The challenge this week is Color Challenge and the colors are pink and mint! You don’t need the image to participate as this is a color challenge. These challenges are a load of fun. Click on the picture below to participate or click HERE. I can’t wait to see your creations!
Here is my card for the challenge. It was created using a digital image from Paper Nest Dolls. Please check the website for adorable digital images. Because coffee is necessary to keep going I added an exclusive die from Concord & 9th. However, you can use any coffee/tea stamp or die you have in your stash.
- Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Card Stock
- Pink Card Stock
- Mint Green Card Stock
- Ohulu Alcohol Markers
- Sakura White Gel Pen
- Gina K Designs Master Layout 2
- Kat Scrappiness Heart Donut Builder Die set
- Stickles Glitter Gel-Unicorn
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Wow Clear Ultrafine Embossing Powder
- Kat Scrappiness Telescopic Embossing Powder Tool
- Paper Trimmer
- Brother Scan N Cut (not needed as the image could be fussy cut)
- Use a paper trimmer to cut your white card stock to 4.25″ x 11″
- Use the teflon bone folder to create a top folding card. Score and fold at 5.5″.
- Gina K Design’s Master Layout 2 stitched rectangle was used for main white card panel.
- Gina K Design’s Master Layout 2 plain rectangle was used to cut the mint green card stock.
- I opened the digital image in my Silhouette Design Studio and sized it to my desired size.
- I then used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut the image out.
- I colored my image using Ohulu Alcohol Markers and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.
- I added some Unicorn Stickles to the paint palette.
- I used the Kat Scrappiness Heart Builder die set to cut the wiggly lines in the same pink and mint card stock.
- The Kat Scrappiness Telescoping Powder Tool was used on small piece of white card stock.
- I stamped the sentiment from Kat Scrappiness Everyday Brush Stroke in Versafine Nocturne Clair Ink.
- This was covered with clear embossing powder and heated with my WOW heat tool.
- The card panels were adhered with double sided tape adhesive and secured to the main card base.
- The die-cut squiggles were adhered with GIna K Connect Glue.
- The digital image and sentiment were adhered with foam tape.
That’s it the card is complete. I am totally enjoying being a part of the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge design team and encourage you to stop by the challenge blog here.
As always, thank you for stopping by my blog. Please subscribe below and follow me on Instagram @expressivepaper.
2 thoughts on “You color my world-CIC Challenge 536-paper nest dolls”
Fabulous card the image is super cute and your coloring is awesome, love those freckles. Great card teammate! Cheers, L:)
Thank you Leanne! Such a fun little image!